Re: [2002] Help and advice plus parts, Portland Or area

The Repair Manual has sections explaining how to check and bleed the
timing chain tensioner.  If the fan hit the radiator,  check the
motor and tranny mounts as you mentioned; they are the most likely
culprit.  Also check the radiator mounts and water pump.  Check
that the fan is not mounted backwards on the pulley.

You must adjust the valves immediately after R&Ring the head and
again soon afterward.  If you are going to successfully change the
head gasket, you need a BMW Repair Manual, Haynes manual, or some
other source of procedures and specifications.

Curt Ingraham
72 tii, 73 02
Oakland, CA
Improved 2002 Radiators