target Low and High pressure readings for e46 AC

Fellow bmw owners,

I'm about to embark on the relatively unfamiliar (to me) task of checking
and, if necessary, recharging the AC system on my 1999 e46. The system works
OK, so this is a preventive maintenance task that should not require
evacuating the system. I've got the two-gauge manifold with the R-134
fittings that should be able measure the pressure readings on both high and
low ports and do the charging job as well.

What i'm having the problem with is the conflicting sourses of information
here. On the one hand my Bentley manual says that the low and high end
readings (before and after the evaporator valve) on the correctly
functioning AC system should show 26 (low) and 203(high) psi respectively.
On the other hand the Haynes AC repair manual gives the ranges of 36-42 and
189-215 psi for the respective low and high end readings. Perhapse somebody
with an access to the factory manual can tell me which is one to believe?

Reguards,

Philip Alpatov
99 323i 76K
BMWCCA #282935