E39 Emblem placement

Hi guys,

I recently sent my car to a body shop to get a dent in the trunklid repaired. I told them NOT to
use the old 540i emblems, that I would buy new ones and apply them myself. Well, as the story
goes, they reinstalled my old emblems and used a local E36/3 series as the example of where to
apply the emblem. Needless to say they're way off...

Besides looking at pics and 'eyeballing' to get it close, is there a template that exists?

Dave
540/6