Standard E36 wheel question

I came across the opportunity to purchase a set of 17'' M contour wheels off a
rear ended M3.  They are 17x7.5 fronts and 17x8.5 rears.  I wanted to avoid
the size difference but the price is great.  Plus, it comes with a spare
17x7.5 so in the worst case I have to buy one more wheel to have uniform size
wheels.  Anyway, the question I have is will these fit on my 96 328i. I have
read a lot of questions like this from this list but it seems no one posts the
results of thier situation.  I have read posts saying anything will fit so
long are your tires are 245mm at most.  I want to avoid rolling the fenders
but it seems to me 17x8.5'' are really big.  Is anyone currently running with
wheels like this?  If so do you get any rub or did you roll the fenders?  I
want to avoid buying wheels I cant use but like I said the price is great, if
they will fit.  I know this question comes up a lot but it seems that no one
responds with the results they get.  If I end up getting these wheels I will
post back letting you know how it turned out.

Thanks in advance
Roy Collins

1996 328i