M3 Alarn

I have a 98 M3 Sedan with the stock car alarm -- it came with car from
factory. The car has 59k and just came from Service II from Long Beach, CA
BMW. Lately everytime I want to arm and lock the door with the alarm's
remote black box from my keychain. It takes about 4-8 tries before it
works. The same goes from unlocking/un-arming the alarm.

I changed the little battery from the remote black box and made no change.

What could it be at fault ?
Do i need to change another battery somewhere in the car ?

Reprogram the alarm??

Who knows ?!?!?

- --
Thanks,