My non-starting E28 saga

My 1983 e28 will not start...It Cranks but there is no
firing at all, not even a sputter. I replaced both fuel
pumps and now the relay and same thing. I also replaced the
fuel regulator. Still nothing. The tach will bounce
randomly and go back to zero when its tried to start. It
was running just fine before this all started, until one
day, when it started cutting out, and as the more gas you
gave, the slower it went until it completely died on the
side of the road. ANY Suggestions. I need to get this thing
running again...It has 300K on it.

Best Regards,

Bjorn Meyer