angel eyes

My E36 headlights are starting to look worn...the plastic covers are getting
chipped, and foggy, and I have just about polished them as much as I can.
I'm thinking of getting some new european ellipsoid lights with glass
covers. Someone on ebay is selling a set for $290 that includes angel/demon
eyes, and all adapters. They claim its "factory direct".  Couple questions:
Are these an easy replacement for a DIYer? What about aiming after
installation? Any opinions about angel/demon eyes on an E36? Am I going to
make it look tacky? If I go with the angel eyes, should I go ahead and get
the neon kit, oversized rear spoiler and those teeny tires on huge rims? Any
opinions/advice/cautions welcome. Thanks.