koni shocks/strut installation on 95 M3

Was about to order koni sport shocks for my 95 M3 and Spoke to a guy at
tirerack who said that to install the front koni shocks some cutting will
have to be done on my existing front struts and then the koni shocks fit
into the front strut housing. Does this sound right to anyone. I am not
going to install the shocks myself I am going to have a shop do it along
with installing some racing dynamic springs but I still don't like the idea
of anything that has to be cut. Is this going to have a negative effect on
the car?

Also they said that the koni sport shocks are adjustable. Will the
adjustments be easy to change and not require the removal of a lot of parts?

Thanks
Paul