RTA tool

Folks,
The time has come to swap the rear trailing arm bushings on my two E36s
and I am now shopping for the best tool for the job.
I'm open to either renting, buying or fabricating a tool. So I've
identified the following alternatives:
1. BMW tool rental ($65 + 2x shipping) or purchase ($350) from
KoalaMotorsports:
http://www.koalamotorsport.com/images/tools/rear_subframe_set.jpg
2. VictoryProductDesign.com $78 RTA tool:
http://www.victoryproductdesign.com/tools_main.htm
3. Technictool.com $249 RTA tool:
http://www.technictool.com/Bmw%20trailing%20arm%20kit.htm
http://www.technictool.com/bmw137-806%20instr..htm
4. jandsproducts.co.uk Euro 179 tool #AST4464:
http://www.jandsproducts.co.uk/_jspdfs/drivetrain/21.pdf
5. ...there are probably dozens others out there...

Most of these tools are nothing more than a threaded rod with a
puller/pusher plates. A pretty simple concept unless I'm missing
something.
I'm initially inclined to go with the VictoryProductDesign solution unless
you guys recommend otherwise.

I would appreciate any tool reviews/recommendations and BTDT comments.
I would prefer to work with a tool that will help to install the new _and_
remove the old bushings. No sense is hacking and drilling the old bushings
out if they are still in one piece, as described on Tunnel's web site:
http://www.tunnellracing.com/trailbush.html

One last question, how do you install GC plastic reinforcement washers?
Concave sides towards the bushing?

TIA,
alex f