Windows won't close!

Gruppe,

Speaking of window problems lately. All of a sudden I have 3 E36 cars that
have developed the partial roll up disease. On rare occasions they roll up
w/o a hiccup, but out of 10 tries I bet it stops prematurely 8 out of 10.
I've tried the hold down the button for 10 seconds method and it hasn't
solved or improved the problem. My daughter's '93 318 does it, but she has
135K miles so that's not a huge surprise, but my 65K mile '95 M3 does it,
my '97 328is.....you get the idea. Since it's mainly the driver's side
window I guessing the parts are just worn out, but why now? I see only one
fix and that's a new window motor. I've never had this happen on any other
of my BMWs w/ electric windows until now and I've owned a lot of Bimmers.
Is this a seasonal thing? Is the East TN pollen so thick on the windows
that it trips the limiter ;-). All I know is that it's very aggravating. I
want my "one touch" back!

Evan Evans
President
Smoky Mountain