E36 climate control - restricted warm airflow?

Hi All,

I'm having a strange problem with the climate control in my E36.  When the
temp is set to cold it "blasts" tons of cold air through any vent I choose
(windshield,dash, or floor), but I when I flip the temperature to warm I
get almost no airflow at all through the vents.

I thought it could be a clogged cabin air filter, but that was replaced
last year, and I can't imagine how it would act differently based on the
temp setting anyway.

???

Any help you can offer would be much appreciated!

David Via
94 325iC