E30 Seat Replacement/Repair

I just took a longish trip in my '86 325e - from VA to the Florida Keys -
last week.  I believe my seats have had it.  The car has 200k miles on it,
and while the passenger seat is OK (according to my wife, who would let me
know), the driver's side left me uncomfortable after about 10 hours.  The
lumbar support (small of the back) in the backrest, and the back of the
seat pan appear to have collapsed a bit.

As I understand it, the seats are pretty modular, and come right apart,
making replacing parts something which an ordinary joe can attempt.  In my
case, the seat covers, while certainly faded, are in-tact leather and I've
just given them a little lexol to make them happy.  I can certainly manage
the spring/frame repair (if any is required), but I'd like to find a
source for replacement pads/foams which isn't too much $$.

I do realize I can get E30 seats from the Junkyard, but I think I'm going
to have a hard time matching the leather color (blue) and since that puts
me in cannibal mode, I think I may be better off just getting foams.  I've
seen a site for www.worlduph.com, but I have no idea what their foams
cost.

Alternately, could I go to a newer seat from a newer car (E36)?  Any
suggestions?

Thanks,

Scott

Scott Ruffner
Computer Systems Senior Engineer       Computer Science Department
ruffner@domain.elided                University of Virginia
(434)982-2219                    http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~jpr9c