7 series locked out

I seem to recall that several years ago the topic re: how to enter a locked
out 7 series or maybe it was a 5, not sure, but ? is anyone recall the
trick to entering the car w/ a dead battery? So far we can unlock and enter
the trunk, so can/should we hook up power to a source e.g., brake light,
tail light, etc., to turn the power locks? I know there is some kind of
work around for this, but I can't remember. Anyone remember the trick to
unlocking the door(s)?

TIA

Evan