<E28> hesitation.. still at the wrench

Hi All,

Spoke to the someone at the mechanic's today,  The guy working on the car
(shop owner) wasnt in at all today, so nothing was done to the car.

So far they have ruled out spark problems.  They said that the spark was
holding up even when the car was hesitating.  Car has a new battery, so that
isnt the issue, posts were cleaned when the battery was installed.  They
changed the coil with another one they had there, and that wasnt the issue
either.  Could possibly be the computer has broken solder points for the
coil, however if the spark is holding up, I think that would be ruled out.

I was told the ICV wasnt working but that its new, and since that is the
case, and it is humming, and moving when you turn the key, just not
engaging, that it could be the temp sensors, which a few on the list have
mentioned.  They did a compression test and the car passed without a
problem.  They took off one of the temp sensors and cleaned it up and put it
back in but no change, so it could be the sensor is shot, or that the one
they pulled out and cleaned is the working one.  They said they are checking
the computer and the rest of the sensors tommorrow (hopefully, if the owner
returns, since he is the one that was doing most of the work)

The relays in the car havent been checked, and someone had mentioned the
main relay.  The one in the car is one of the metal covered ones. so maybe
changing it will solve the problem.. I will mention that to them tommorow.
I will also mention that they should change the O2 sensor (have one in the
trunk )

Anyway, the saga continues.. No car so I cant really go anywhere,  The
project car has no lights or plates or insurance for the road, so that isnt
going to do the trick.  I wish this had happened 3 weeks from now, when it
was warm and I could have diagnosed a lot of this myself with a warm sunny
driveway to work in.  Since I need the car ASAP, I have to deal with a
wrench..

Cheers
Ron J