E28 fuse panel

Does anyone have experience with replacing the fuse panel on the E28?  The previous owner soldered some wires to the fuse holders.  I would guess that they used an acid core solder as the holder has darkened with what must be corrosion.  The 25A fuse that powers the radio, computer, and interior lights looses electrical contact with the fuse sometimes when closing the hood or closing the door or even when hitting a bump in the road.  Normally if I open the fuse panel mover around the fuse and then carefully close the hood and door then I can have the privelage of re-programing the computer and re-codeing the radio.  It has become more than a PITA.  Is it possible to replace the fuse panel with out replacing the harness and is it a very major job?

Thanks,

Peter Coke