E30 3rd Brake Light removal

Ok I am getting some water from my 3rd brake light into the tool box and
then into the trunk. I have silicon'ed the 4 screws that go into the brake
light to no avail. I suspect the water is coming in from the wiring to the
light itself. I have tried to pry the plastic cover off the trunk lid to see
if I could silicon the wiring to the brake light. It seems to be attached.
Is there some trick like slide the cover back or to the right or?? to get it
off once you have the four screws out.
Help I have the Bentley manual which is worthless for this.
Brad Purvis