Re: e30 3-series station wagon

Peter,

Your chances of finding an E30 here in the US are somewhere between very
slim and none.  The E30 Touring was never imported by BMW into the US, so
any car you find will be a grey market car.  The 'newest' E30 Touring is
probably the 1991 model, so it's twelve years old.  Germans don't tend to
keep their cars as long as we do, so the availability of E30 Tourings in
Germany is dwindling.  (Note that BMW may have manufactured the E30 Touring
beyond the 1991 model year, as they did with the E30 convertible, but I
don't know this for certain).

I've been to Germany three times (last was in August 2002) and I did see
several E30 Tourings driving around, but they're pretty scarce.

In 1999 I was looking into the possibility of importing the E36 Touring.
That's a nice looking car (as far as Touring models go)!

http://www.otterbein-inet.de/bmw3_01.jpg

Unfortunately, the cost to import and certify (EPA, DOT) makes it a
ridiculous prospect, unless you REALLY want the car badly enough, the money
you spend isn't an issue, and you don't expect to recoup any of your
investment if you sell the car.

Ron Buchalski
BMWCCA #76387
1995 E36 M3