Re: e-36ti electrical gremlins

Don't do that.

The computer is close to the firewall in the engine compartment. That model
year had a design flaw; if you remove the computer, blow dry it with
compressed air, and that may get you on your way. Remove any debris in the
computer housing (e.g., leaves), tear the rubber drain tubes off the
housing, throw them as far as you can, and reinstall. If you need a new
computer, I have a buddy in Austin who has them for cheaper than the $1000
the dealer charges.

I killed mine going through a power car wash one time. Been there, done
that. Email me off-line.