Re: <E34> Radio Code - Central Locking and Power Windows

It sounds to me like your battery is on it's death bed.  If you have a dead
or dying cell, you won't have 12 volts, and strange things can happen.
Check to see that all cells have the proper amount of liquid in them, and
measure the specific gravity to see which one(s) don't have a full charge.

How old is the battery?

If you have a voltmeter, measure the voltage when the ignition is turned
off.  The battery should be at slightly above 12 volts.  Anything less is a
bad thing.  Also, check the voltage when the engine is running at a faster
than idle (1200rpm) speed, and with accessories turned on.  Voltage should
be 14.5-14.8 volts.  If not, your voltage regulator or charging circuit is
bad, and isn't properly charging the battery.

Ron Buchalski
BMWCCA #76387
1995 E36 M3
1993 E34 525iT