re: that windshield sticker

Mark Blass <markblass@domain.elided> wrote:

> After someone a list member recently mentioned that all-purpose windshield
> warning sticker, I finally read it then peeled it off. Now, I can't get rid
> of the sticky residue, despite having used "Goo Gone" solvent.
>
> Can anyone recommend a sticky residue removal solvent that won't harm the
> windshield?

3M General Purpose Adhesive Cleaner is designed for that purpose and
works great for most sticker adhesives.  It won't hurt glass, most
paints, and most plastics.  You can find it at paint and hardware
stores.

Lacquer thinner is pretty aggressive.  It's OK on glass, but it's
not the sort of thing to be using around interior parts.

Curt Ingraham
72 2002tii
Oakland, CA
Improved 2002 Radiators