Re: Broken jack point

Doug,
Like everyone has already stated, you lost a 'hockey puck'.
Welcome to the not so exclusive club. There is hardly an E36 owner out
there who hasn't gone through a few pucks. Some continue to replace them
with dealer parts. Others junk them and put a real hockey puck on top of
the jack saddle when they need to jack up the car.
If you decide to replace them, I have a collection of both new and barely
used ones. Either type can be yours for 1/2 the going dealer rate
(whatever it is these days).

alex f

"Douglas M. Max" <DMax@domain.elided> wrote:
> Drove over a curb and scraped off the rubber jack point and whatever
> was underneath (er, on top of it). '92 325i
>
> I feel a hole where it was, maybe 3/4"; what was up there?  Do I need
> a new plate welded on or is there another fix?  I'm embarrassed about
> asking, admitting what I've done, but I'd like to keep my car correct.
>
> Cordially,
>
> Doug
- --