Re: <E28> ABS Brake Diagnosis

If you have a garage, try blowing compressed air in between the sensors and
the brake mechanisms. Use a respirator. If you do not have adequate space
and a respirator, dismantle and clean the brake dust out of the ABS sensors
using brake cleaner. An 85 BMW with ABS was an advanced car for that year.
Since you have an ABS indicator on the dash, you most likely have it.

As far as the unit, you should be able to see it under the hood if you have
it. All of your brake lines will be tied into it bigger than Dallas. It
will likely be towards the front of the engine compartment. Good luck.