Engine light is on

Hello fellow BWM enthusiast

My 99 323 E46 has reached the 70,000 mile mark and apparently is due for
Inspection II. My first question is how necessary is this inspection and
is it worth the $400 the dealer is demanding?

On another note, my check engine light came on yesterday. Could have this
been initiated because of the inspection II deadline? After I parked the
car and turn off the engine for 15 min or so,  I started the car up again
and the light was gone??? Could it be a temporary hic-cup?

Thanks a lot

Alex M.
http://taxes.yahoo.com/