?'s--bulb and radio code

Joseph,

On my '92 325i the map bulbs are tiny halogen ones...and as I recall,
something like $15/each.

You'd undoubtedly have to get these overpriced gems at a dealer...any
place else would feel overwhelming shame to sell such things at such a
price.  If you have a similar setup, I assume you do, don't forget not
to touch the bulbs when putting them in...and on mine, it was about an
hour affair, getting that sucker in the tiny compartment.  Hopefully for
your '96 the design is better.

Oh, somewhere in your original paperwork you might find the radio code.
In mine, it's a five digit number, and yes, the key needs to be to on,
or the car started.  When you turn it on, it'll ask for the code.  Three
chances to enter correctly, then it's off for an hour...or, I believe,
you can disconnect the battery...but you might still have to wait the
hour anyway.  Doubt you'll get the code from the back, otherwise a thief
could get it working, and that's what the code is designed to prevent.

HTH,

Doug