Re: <e28> ABS problem diagnosis

Hi All,

On the ABS Note, I while ago I posted a thread wondering if I in fact had
ABS on my 85 535i.  I was told that there might be a unit, and might not be,
and to look under the hood for a control unit.

Well I was thinking I would take a look that weekend, and then the following
morning I was on my way to work, and looked down at my dashboard, and
noticed the ABS warning light was on.  This told me that I must have abs if
the light was on.   There was snow on the ground, and when I came to a stop,
the pedal started to vibrate, consistant with ABS braking.  This is the
first time that happened.  A few hours later, the light was off, and the car
hasnt done this since.  The tires have locked up a few times in the snow
since and no pedal vibration.

I have not changed, unplugged, or done anything to the relays.  I have also
not done anything to the brakes after the light came on and then
mysteriously disappeared.

Any ideas why the light would have come on all of a sudden out of the blue,
and at the same time why the system started working?.     I would have
guessed that the ABS warning light would come on in a malfunction, not when
the system suddenly started to work.

Anyway.. Now, back to the way it used to be when I got the car.  No light,
no ABS functionality..

Any suggestions?

Cheers
Ron J