Re: E30 shifter problems

Norman Lieberman (lieb923@domain.elided) said:
> The magic answer is Redline MTL fluid.

Ah, the plot thickens...

While it was in for the clutch a month ago, I told em to let me know
what they think about the transmission b/c it whines a bit. The mechanic
looked at it and said that the oil was too thin ("like motor oil") and
that he changed it. He explained that it was a routine thing, and that I
should change it every 2 years or so (I've had the car 2.5 years and
hadn't had it done, so it sounded alright to me).

I guess I'll call and ask them what they changed it to. The difficulty
shifting didn't happen on cold mornings before it was at the garage.

- --
Adam Lazur, Cluster Monkey