Wanna trade your $50,000. for a mangled bicycle?

Wanna trade your $50,000 BMW for a mangled bicycle?

To participants of this past Sunday's rally on the SF Peninsula:

     Did you notice those bikers pedaling their 1/2 horsepower finely
developed human powered engines and 30 speed carbon fiber and titanium
Italian powertrains up the 5 miles and 18% grades of West Alpine Road
when the rally cruised by downhill on Sunday?
     This posting is for those rallyists who were busy rather than to
pay attention to the road they were driving on.
     We encountered several rude BMWs being driven arrogantly as if
bicycles were fleas to flick off the road so BMW drivers can yahoo it
offline through mountain turns hogging both sides of the pavement when
they misread the line of a curve.  Would you have driven like that if
you knew you were driving by bicyclists who might personally  know you?
     One of those cars with Allison BMW plates is particularly suspect.
     When I got back to my //M3 after the ride at the parking lot, I was
almost embarrassed to be seen driving a BMW.
      If those few rotten apples who give a bad name to all the rest of
us respectful, safety minded BMW driving enthusiasts, please remember
one thing:
       If you run me or any of my friends down off our bicycles, next
time it will be us driving the new BMWs, and you riding the bicycle.
 But in your case, the bicycle will not be by choice, but because after
we sue your ignorance for every penny your got, a cheap bike will be all
you'll have any money left to afford.
     I apologize to the majority of you who were not the rotten apples
on Sunday's rally.  Sadly the actions of a few assholes make a bad name
for everyone else.  The San Mateo County sheriff's office is very
sympathetic to bicyclists and has agressively persued charges and
prosecution against agressive motorists who endanger bicyclists' safety.
 If any of you would like to be next, I'll be glad to give them your
license plate numbers.
     Having once been run down by a car off my bicycle, I assure you
that this is true.
Because only a few months after I was run down is when I got my then new
//M3.

     Like the one bumper sticker on my car says, "Watch for Bicyclists".
After all, it may be your own legal as you save, too.
Thank You.

'jk