1996 328i (E36) Loads of questions!!!

As most of you already know, I am a new BMW owner as I have purchased a 1996
328i (E36).  I have several questions for the list....NOTE: I did not have
an owner's manual with the car so I was not able to answer some of these
questions by myself.

What is the ASC button?  What does it do?  (I believe that I have the cold
weather package because I have heated seats and heated side view mirrors.)

I have a A / M button next to the automatic shift...what is this for?

How do you adjust the steering wheel?

When I purchased the BMW, the battery was dead.  I have replaced the battery
but the radio is looking for a code.  I have removed the radio and recorded
the information from the radio.  How do I reset the radio?  What is my code?
Is it tied to the part number, serial number, etc?

When I purchased the vehicle it did not have any tools in the trunk or a
spare tire.  What size spare tire and rim should I look for?  Where should I
look for the spare tire and rim? trunk tools?

The rear interior lights work but the front reading lights and the front
center light does not work.  I have replaced the fuses and this does not
solve the problem.  Could all the bulbs be bad?  What else could be the
problem?

The airbag light is on all the time.  The vehicle has 96K miles.  Could this
be a service light or an indicator that there is a problem?

I used the fault code reader and was given the error d6 - vehicle speed
signal not present.  Any suggestions or comments?

I must replace the exterior door handle trim on the front passenger side.  I
have removed the old trim but I am having a tough time installing the new
trim.  It appears to be an easy fix but I am at a crossroad...any tips
and/or instructions to install?

Last question...the check control light comes on intermittently with the
message "brake light circuit".  What could this be?

Thanks in advance for taking the time and reading this post and hopefully
providing some much needed help.

Joe

End of bmw-digest V9 #2381