Brake fluid warning light flickering periodically

'92 E36...just had a brake fluid warning light flicker on for a second
this am...and then at the end of work...also for maybe a second or less.

An abberation or not?  Had fluid changed within the year and have done
it pretty religiously over the years.  I'm getting used to electronic
gremlins in this car of mine and wondering whether I should just let my
wife drive it for a while to test it out? <grin>

Is this something I can easily 'top off' without taking the trouble to
drive the hour to the only mechanic I trust?  Anyone recommend someone
reliable and GOOD other than a 'stealer' nearby Berkeley Heights NJ.  I
love MotorWorksWest, but it is an hour away and would like someone
closer, so thought I'd ask.

Cordially,

Doug