re: Homemade larger HFM tube, was fuel pressure regulators.

jkerouac@domain.elided wrote:
> re:  Homemade larger HFM tube, was fuel pressure regulators.
>
> What oem fuel pressure regulators from other models or euro spec
> engines can be swapped directly into an E36 //M3 (OBDII), us spec?

None are necessary.
Blindly bumping fuel pressure across the RPM range is a bad idea
regardless.

> I've seen Dinan and others list higher 'special' fuel pressure
> regulators in Euro HFM conversions,

Jim C euroHFM kit includes neither the fuel pressure nor new injectors.
Draw your own conclusions.

> I used 3 1/4 inner diameter plastic pipe and the rubber of a 3"
> plumbing clamp coupler.  this is 3/8 inch larger than the inner
> diameter of the factory tube.

EuroHFM is 3.5" in diameter.
Not 3 3/8".

> To adapt my new tube to the factory airbox,

Stock US E36M3 airbox is 3.0" in diameter.
Euro E36M3 airbox outlet is 3.5" in diameter (surprise, surprise) and is a
small improvement. Shielded cone filter (K&N or foam) work the best.
You are wasting your time adopting anything to the narrow US airbox.

> stretch the rubber out over  the outlet from the air filter box,
> and over the inlet to the new tube. The tubing fits just barely
> into the original throttle body boot.  Silicon spray helps a lot
> to squeeze this together.

This is painful to read.
JK, just buy a proper euroHFM kit from JimC or ECIS and get over with it.
The kit will come with the new tube, a cone filter, euroHFM (can use x40
HFM instead), all the mounting hardware and a euroHFM JimC chip.

> Flame away at me if you will, or give it a try if you're curious.
> For $8., an Exacto Knife blade, and a few hours work, its worth
> the effort.

Not.

> One negative is that the idle is slightly wavery occasionally.
> Doesn't bother me, it might bother some of you. A washer with
> a smaller size hole constricting the inlet from the throttle
> body boot to the Idle Control Valve inlet tube ought to take
> car of that problem.

Great: a hack on top of a hack.

> Enjoy,

No thanks.