Re: <E28> Do not buy Fuel Pressure Regulators from WorldPac or Subsidiaries

Chris,
I wouldn't be so hasty in denouncing anybody that is supplied by worldpac.
I'm not certain with the e28's but I know on e-30's, different variants of
the same engine use 2.5 or 3.0 bar fuel pressure regulators.  Specifically, I
believe the "eta" or e motors use run at lower fuel pressure for fuel economy
reasons (I could be wrong about the the specific motors here, check the books
before buying).  I don't doubt that they sold you they wrong one, and should
refund you for it if BMW ETK (parts list) says they were wrong.  But I
suspect this was just a simple error, not one of "they got a bunch somewhere
on surplus from Bosch that were mismade".
The shop I used to work at (no financial interest here) got most of their
parts through worldpac, and managed to beat the dealership considerably on
prices for almost everything.  These are BMW parts with BMW part numbers (or
Bosch or BOGE or Sachs or. . . where appropriate, but the same manufacturer
and part as what BMW uses.).  I still buy all my parts through them, and have
been very happy.  They (worldpac) have been known to ship the wrong thing
once in a while, but exchange it without any drama when they do.  As long as
you double check the part before you bolt it on, you're fine.
Hope this helps,
Jake
95 318ti
87 Alfa Spider