Re: Higher Wattage Bulbs (E30)

Doug -- 5.75-inch Cibie lamps are much better than the widely-available
Hellas, and they're only a bit more expensive for the basic lamps. I've
found I don't need the 80/100w bulbs in the low-beam Cibies, the light
distribution is so good. I do still enjoy having 100-watt high beams
here in deer country, though!

Dan Stern has the basic Cibies for about $55 each, and lamps with a new
complex-reflector design for about $90. See his web site at
lighting.mbz.org.

A satisfied customer,
Russ Maki
Ixonia, Wis.