Using high wattage bulbs in E36

I am shopping for fog light bulbs for my 95 M3 and notice that some
places advertise higher wattage applications. E.g. 100W instead of the
stock 55W H1 bulbs. Will using high wattage bulbs do any harm to my
electrical system, connector, or fog light assembly? Please comment on
the same question on headlights also. E.g. 80W/55W for low beam and
100W/60W for high beam. Thanks in advance. Alan L.