Re: dealer demos

"Rod K. Nickas" <rkn@domain.elided> wrote:
> Alex, is this true? My owners manual says not to warm up. Put it
> in gear and go.

Rod,
Your manual is absolutely right.
It also says not to redline the engine until it warms up.
Judging when the engine is properly warmed up is virtually impossible
without an oil gauge. I make and effort to keep the engine below 3-4K
until the coolant temp gauge is at 12 o'clock. And then some more. Come to
think of it, I rarely if ever hit red line during the daily commute.
Weekends are different '-).

alex f