Re: dealer demos

- -----Original Message-----
From: Rod K. Nickas <rkn@domain.elided>

>>From: <alex.fadeev@domain.elided>
>> Not to mention that it was probably never warmed up before
>> a sales monkey encouraged a customer to 'stop on it'.
>
>Alex, is this true? My owners manual says not to warm up. Put it in gear
and
>go.

Neither long idling at startup nor hammering on a cold
engine are good things, especially on a brand new car in
the break-in period.  Demo cars probably see a bunch of
both of these.

Buying a used rental car can be a real crapshoot, also.
While many of them are probably fine and are kept well
maintained, there's always those few that are rented to
folks who beat the crap out of them.

'Lemme tell you about the guy who wanted me to pay
full price on a 500 mile Demo.  He said "Probably no
one else has driven it as hard as you just did."

Regards,
Mike Kohlbrenner

p.s.  It was well warmed by the time I got on it in that car
and I didn't even drive it that hard since I had him in the
car with me.  I bought one at a different dealer and even
paid $1K less.  It had 15 miles on it.