re: dealer demos

Ronnie,
I could not agree with JK more on this subject.
'Demo' cars are trouble any way you look at them.
JK covered the probable chronology of how a good car turns into a demo. On
top of that you should realize that none of the mechanical parts on the
car were allowed to go through the proper brake-in process. Not to mention
that it was probably never warmed up before a sales monkey encouraged a
customer to 'stop on it'.
100K mile warranty is the standard CPO warranty. However, you will not
receive the $500 BMW CCA members' CPO purchase rebate for demo CPO cars.
Yet another reason to look away.
Last, but not least, where did you research the price?
Guesstimating the options, www.nadaguides.com lists its trade in at $27.7K
and average retail at $31.4K.

alex f

"R o n n i e" <rarneja@domain.elided> wrote:
> I am looking to get a 2002 325i demo car. It has 8000 miles on
> it and the deal seems good as its loaded and there is no dest
> charge and the 100K extended warranty incl.
>
> Math and research states -
> Retail with all those option - $36,100.00, on sale for $ 31,500
>
> What I needed to know was people's experience with buying demo
> cars from Dealers ?
>
> Thanks
> Ronnie
> 94 325i

re: dealer demos
Having worked at dealers, had dealer demos, and know the racket that
dealers play about the "great deal" they declare on demos,
THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL ANYONE SHOULD EVER BUY A DEALER DEMO.  Sorry for
yelling.
The capital letters are deliberate.  I doubt any other BMW topic would
ever get me to break nettiquette in that way either.  Car dealer sales
closers have a way of what seems like psychically manipulating your mind
to actually believe the car is in good shape and you're getting a deal.
8k miles on it?  Fair chance it was either crashed and repaired, a lemon
car, or dealer buyback, or maybe even all of the above.
Betcha the dealer was trying to dump the car since two or three thousand
miles.
Don't believe this crap goes on?
     Then feel free to be a $30k sucker today, and $30k in the hole
tomorrow when you have to dump the car but you're upside down on the
loan and you're ready to get violent at the lousy lying bastard of a
dealer sales manager who shark jawed you to close the deal now that
you've inherited the same and worse headaches as the previous owner or
the test drivers who knew better and avoided that car like the plague.
     If you don't have the extra $$ to buy a truly new BMW, or even if
you do have the extra $5k. you owe it to yourself to check out what
$30k. of used well cared for one owner well documented unmodified //M3
can do for you.
What that place is trying to hook you on is not a dealer's demo, its a
stealer's demon.
Enjoy buying a new BMW, but not that one.

'jk