Re: Towing with an X5 -- or a 540i touring wagon

Checked here:

http://www.bmw.com.au/script/5series.asp

According to the specs, the 530i and 540i have a towing capacity of 2000 kg
(4400 lb) when the trailer has brakes, 750 kg (1650 lb) if the trailer has
no brakes.

The same website shows the X5 having a towing capacity of 2700 kg (5940 lb)
when the trailer has brakes, and 750 kg if the trailer has no brakes.

The Porsche Cayenne has a towing capacity of 7500 lb!

Ron Buchalski
BMWCCA #76387
1995 E36 M3
1993 E34 525iT