RE: Stumbling at low RPMs

..also check the dipstick is correctly in place and that the oil filler cap
is tight. A leak around either of those will cause your symptoms.

- -----Original Message-----
From: owner-bmw@domain.elided [mailto:owner-bmw@domain.elided]On Behalf Of Ric
Sent: Saturday, February 01, 2003 7:27 AM
To: bmw@domain.elided
Subject: Re: Stumbling at low RPMs

>First of all, my favorite answer:  Check your plugs, cap, and
rotor.
>It could be related to your problem, and it's almost always a
good
>idea to change them out if it's been a while.

I second that....but there is no cap or rotor.  So just change
the plugs.

I'd also look for any vacuum leaks, lots of hoses and boots in
there to get loose and crack.   To replace all of them is easy
and cheap, mine were rock hard and I know they had to be leaking
some.

>Next up:  (Someone tell me if I'm wrong)

Ok....your wrong....(you told me to tell you!)

> I believe you have the in-tank fuel transfer pump that the rest
of the E30s do.  If the fuel
>transfer pump fails, your main pump has difficulty drawing the
fuel
>from the tank.

One fuel pump...In tank only.

And you 'd probably have high RPM problems first.

>This would be indicated by the problems being more
>apparent when the gas tank is almost empty.

Welcome to the active side of the list.

Robert

- --