e36 electrical problem

i was driving my 94 318ic and the radio went out then all of the warning
lights on the dash lit up
and the car stalled. luckily i was near a golf course and coasted into the
driving range parking lot. after i hit a small bucket, i went back to the
car, tried to start it and it cranked up normally. no warning lights, no
odd
sounds everything seemed normal. then after about 2 minutes the radio went
out, then the warning lights came on one at a time and the car stalled
again. i had the car towed my mechanic, and once it was off the flat-bed,
same deal. started up fine, drove fine for a couple of minutes, then the
radio went out, then all the other electrical, and the car stalled.

any ideas what the problem is?