325ix...paint and upholstery

  (posting this for a friend)

   Can anyone in the Boulder/Denver area recommend a decent paint shop?

   Does anyone have a good source for either seat covers or upholstery kits
for a late 80s 325ix? I believe the car has leather seats.

   I recall someone mentioning some time ago,that BMW expects something around
$1200 per seat for leather.Has anyone "crunched the numbers" on just buying
new hides and having new seat upholstery kits sewn up? This is common practise
in the restoration of vintage American convertibles.(such as Cadillac).I also
recall leather upholstery kits for XK Jaguars being lots cheaper than $1200
a seat.

Thanks in advance!

=====
Dennis Hargrave, Frederick,Colorado ,USA
 92 BMW 535i
 76 Chevrolet 3/4 ton pickup
 80 Motoguzzi CX100 Lemans (partial restoration)
 65 BSA Thunderbolt Rocket (Restored)
 47 Indian Chief (good running original)
    VME member #00001506
http://mailplus.yahoo.com