Re: Larger HFM for OBDII //M3

jkerouac@domain.elided wrote:
> I've noticed Dinan advertising a half inch larger diameter HFM
> for the 96-99 //E36 //M3.
>
> Does anyone know what OEM hfm he is using, or possibly a sensor
> from one and the larger diameter tube from another?

The larger 3.5" (vs. 3.0" for stock) are 'euro' E36M3 or 5/7/840 HFMs.

> Alternatively, has anyone found larger HFM that can be used on the
> OFDII?

I would start by checking with JimC if this, combined with a proper JimC
chip, benefits OBDII engines or not. IIRC, it does not.

> I agree its up to me to then meter and reprogram the ECU as
> needed to match the increased airflow,

I seriously doubt you are up to the task.
Stick with the professional solutions from JimC.

> but finding the larger HFM to reprogram to is step 1.

It's all been done before.
See: http://www.bonnevillemotorwerks.com/

alex f

End of bmw-digest V9 #2356