<E30> Clunking noise

My dear old 325is is making noises again, time to get the wallet out! When I
accelerate (at speeds above 30mph) I get a tap tap tap noise from the rear
of the car, passenger side RHD car) The noise does not happen when I gently
pull the handbrake on, and the tapping gets faster as the speed increases.
It stops as a stop accelerating, or apply the brake.

Has anyone got any suggestions? The rear axle mounts and diff mount have all
been done recently. Could it be a drive shaft? Universal Joint?

Cheers,

Rob Bentley
ENGLAND
This email is sent in confidence for the addressee only.
Unauthorised recipients must preserve this confidentiality and should please advise the sender immediately by telephone (01202 290292) and return the original email to us without taking a copy.
We have taken reasonable precautions to ensure that no viruses are transmitted to any third party.

Neither Abbey Life Assurance Co. Ltd nor Unisys Insurance Services Ltd accepts any responsibility for any loss or damage resulting directly or indirectly from the use of this email or its contents.

Abbey Life Assurance Co. Ltd and Abbey Unit Trust Managers Ltd are members of the Lloyds TSB Group, and are regulated by the Financial Services Authority.