Re: E46/Runflat tires

MBrown1003@domain.elided wrote:
> I'm writing for one of the owners of my company.  On his E46 330i,
> he's got the Goodyear RS-A runflat tires.  One of them looked
> shredded -- as though he'd run over glass -- even though he hadn't.
> He had to have the tire replaced, and it wa$n't covered under warranty.

Mitch,
Tires are never covered under warranty.
In all the years I've gotten flats, I've never EVER seen the
nails/glass/debris that caused it. If I had, I would not have driven over
it in the first place ;-)

> Another of the tires was pretty much flat a couple of days later.
> It seems to be holding air now, but he's concerned.
> Both of these incidents happened after several days of intense cold.
> Has anyone else had similar problems with these tires?

Not here, though 'cold' in Texas is 50F ;-).
How good is your friend about adding air to his tires when the ambient
temperatures drop?

alex f