Re: Losing the battle?

I have a candy red 1996 328IS convertible with black top. About 130K miles.
It still looks factory new, and although I went through a few major items
(typical) last year at 100K like water pump, clutch and radiator, I will
probably keep the car.

The most recent item was the ignition, which cost me a few days from works,
and four hours of mechanic's labor after giving up on doing the work myself.

A kid who brought his 318 in the shop mistook it for the new body style
from a distance, since it's so clean.

If I was going to do it again, I would not go with candy red. It's like
waving a cape in front of a bull when it comes to police.

There were a couple of late 80s Ferraris in the shop, and the owner told
me, given a choice, he would take my car over the Testarossas any day of
the week. A candy red 1988 had only 11,000 miles on it.