Re: Wiper blades a dealer part?

Bob A. Virzi/EMPL/MA/Verizon@VZNotes wrote:
> I was looking around for replacement wiper blades ('99 528ti) this
> weekend and I was very surprised to find that none of the local
> shops stock them.  One of the guys in a local NAPA told me,
> "Forget it. Many have tried, none succeeded.  Visit the dealer."

I've heard that as well.
BMW resells Bosch viper blades and assemblies at a healthy markup. In the
past I used to see Bosch inserts for $6/pair at every other auto parts
store. Last fall they disappeared. Bosch $12 assemblies are still
plentiful, so go figure.
I still have a few boxes of unused Bosch inserts that should last me
through this year. For those shopping right now, do let us know what you
find out.

alex f