<e28> coolant level sensor

Aaron,

The coolant level sensor is a reed switch inside the cap. The float has a
magnet inside that holds the contact closed if its close enough. I bought
one of those grey plastic reed and magnet switches you see used as security
switches on doors and took the reed out. The contacts are contained in a
glass envelope, so be careful opening the plastic. I bought two for $0.50
CDN each at an electronics surplus store.

Have fun.

- -doug
85 535i rusty, and rotten tank, but Bilstein sports, Dinan Bars and chip and
H&R springs.
86 951 recuperating at a spa after a broken suspension bracket at Watkins
glen.
94 855 Wagon