From: SEBRING222@domain.elided [mailto:SEBRING222@domain.elided]
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2003 11:59 AM
To: bmw@domain.elided
Subject: E30 Instrument Cluster

Is it possible to interchange entire instrument clusters? (yes, just did that
very thing, easy swap) Could you install

an insrument cluster with an early S.I. board (3 red lights) in a car that

was delivered with a late version ( one red light) ? Or vice versa? (that I
would think, might be problematic.  I know that 2 OEM clusters exist , motometer
and VDO. I believe they are not interchangeable however; they look identical,
aside from the manufacturers name stamped on the middle of the face of the
cluster.  I also would think that swapping the older SI board with the newer, or
visa vera may meet with undesirable results but perhaps maybe other might be
able to advise as to what)

Thanks!

Jim Dougherty

BMW CCA Bayou Chapter