solution found to 1988 528 O2 sensor light

Had a lot of great ideas on how one might stop the incessantly shining
O2 warning light in my 1988 528e's overhead console - locate a fuse
behind the instrument panel, unplug the battery and DME, pull the bulb -
but in this case, for my car at least, Aaron Lung's first suggestion
worked.  He wrote:

"If I remember correctly (it's been about 5 or 6yrs since I last did
it), there's an unmarked cigarette-box-sized plastic box above the
accelerator area behind the bottom trim piece.  Push the button in the
hole with a screwdriver or pen until it clicks. It appears to be a
simple mechanical counter that counts something and trips on the O2
light every 40-50Kmiles(?) or thereabouts."

The button needs to be pushed WAY in.  Also, DK if this matters, but I
had car running when I successfully extinguished the light.

Hope this helps someone else and thanks to all for the tips.

Tom

THOMAS BORDEN  |  CONSULTANT | MEDIA & MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
23 ESSEX ROAD, ESSEX FELLS, NJ   07021 | ph/fax: 973.228.5092  |
<mailto:teborden@domain.elided> te.borden@domain.elided