E34 Steel/Al Control Arms

Jim, When this subject comes up, I like to show this picture of our broken
aluminum lower control arm from my wife's '95 740i. I found an old crack in
this part that finally broke when my wife hit the brakes when she was only
going about 20 mph. Sure made a mess but luckily she wasn't on the
interstate going 75mph next to a semi.

http://members.roadfly.com/bimmernut/Broken+ends.JPG

Richard Vaughn
BMW CCA #132931 Tarheel Chapter