Re: How to reset O2 sensor light in 1988 E28

> I have heard along the way that there is a switch that needs to be
> thrown to kill the incessant O2 Sensor warning light in my overhead
> console.  Does anybody know where this switch is and/or what's required
> to reset it?

Tom,

If I remember correctly (it's been about 5 or 6yrs since I last
did it), there's an unmarked cigarette-box-sized plastic box above the
accelerator area behind the bottom trim piece.  Push the
button in the hole with a screwdriver or pen until it clicks.
It appears to be a simple mechanical counter that counts
something and trips on the O2 light every 40-50Kmiles(?)
or thereabouts.

On the contrary, one of my BMW manuals mentions something about
a 100mA fuse that is intentionally blown whenever the O2 sensor needs
replacing.  It's located on the back of the speedo/tach board.
I've seen it, but I've yet to see it get blown the last time
my O2 sensor light lit up.

I lazy alternative is to unscrew the O2 lightbulb in the
console above ;-)

Since we're talking console lights... any idea how to fix
my low-coolant-level LED?  It's stuck on even though my coolant
level is fine, as is the sensor itself.  No apparent
shorts in the wiring harnesses.

aaron
88 E28  85Kmiles